Working closely with the HR team, operations, and management teams, this position will provide SCI with strong practical HR support in a specialist capacity. This individual would oversee many HR functions especially those relating to ongoing startup operations and provide support to senior roles in the company.
This position will have a solid line reporting relationship with the VP of Human Resources
Key Responsibilities include:
- Act as primary contact for employees and managers.
- Responsible for creating a strong employee relations environment for employees and managers by creating strong relationships with clients.
- Provides assistance and takes leadership in designing and implementing various HR policies and practices, working closely with HR network
- Supports the recruiting and sourcing function within human resources including permanent and contract staff, especially those related to new business
- Supports organizational change.
- Fosters the linkage between business objectives and human resources activities.
- Adds value to the business through contemporary HR initiatives while remaining a trusted advocate of the employees.
- Provides strong HR expertise to clients at a senior experience level.
- Support ongoing startup operations and bring consistencies and documentation as required
- Provide consistencies across the HR network and ensure new sites are within the current framework
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources or relatable field
- Minimum 5 years Human Resource experience working in Employee Relations, Health & Safety, Recruiting,
Temporary Staffing, Performance Appraisal, Benefits, Pension and Employee Events.
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate, both oral and written, and interface with peers as well as executive level management
- A hands-on management approach that encourages team work and creative problem solving
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to create, manage and maintain strong employee/customer relationships
- Very organized individual capable of multi-tasking and remaining calm under stressful circumstances
- Flexible with scheduling to meet the needs of the business
- High energy, self-motivated with self-confidence
- Thrive in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access